drifting problem

bjhedgeb

Neuer Benutzer
Hey Everyone,
I was having some problems with my Autoquad. Recently, the quadrotor doesn’t go straight up on take off but rather drifts, sometimes forward and right, sometimes back or back and left.
I tried adjusting the battery which fits snug between the undercarriage columns but there is still drift.
Then I thought it might be a misreading of the horizon/ground level but when I connected the autoquad to the ground station, it showed the autoquad as being level on the ground.
I don’t know if this is a common or trivial problem but I was wondering if any of you had run into this and what you did to fix it.
I appreciate your help guys.

How close to the ground is the quad when you recognize the behavior? It sounds like you experience the ground effect

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_effect_(aerodynamics)

You cannot fix that, it's physics ;) It's a normal behavior of a multirotor to start drifting very close to the ground due to vorticity. You should lift off as quick as possible with more throttle to a level a few feet above ground, where the ground effect has no impact on your multirotor.

If this does not help then maybe calibrate your transmitter properly :p

bjhedgeb

Neuer Benutzer
How close to the ground is the quad when you recognize the behavior? It sounds like you experience the ground effect

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_effect_(aerodynamics)

You cannot fix that, it's physics ;) It's a normal behavior of a multirotor to start drifting very close to the ground due to vorticity. You should lift off as quick as possible with more throttle to a level a few feet above ground, where the ground effect has no impact on your multirotor.

If this does not help then maybe calibrate your transmitter properly :p

Thanks for the quick reply dareen,

Unfortunately, the drifting is still there (and quite bad) no matter how high or low the Autoquad is. Also our transmitter seems to be calibrated correctly (I recalibrated just to be sure), so i don't think that’s the issue either.

FPV1

Banggood

Oben Unten