Neues vom PIXHAWK 2

gervais

Ich brauche mehr Details
Philip Rowse, (Übrigens einer der NEO7 Verfechter bei 3DR, so etwas gibt es tatsächlich...siehe auch SOLO oder C. Elder) hat Neues zum PIXHAWK 2 erzählt. Nicht ganz zufällig, denn Thomas Butler hat das 3DR Konzept zuvor in Frage gestellt und verschwand dann mitsamt Beiträgen in der Versenkung, was diydrones in Zensurverdacht brachte.. Ob das so war oder nicht, kann ich nicht sagen.

Zum PIXHAWK 2 : Wie wir (spätestens jetzt) alle wissen, ist nicht nur der kleine Würfel erforderlich, sondern auch ein Carrierboard (für Power/Ports usw.) da der PX 2 nicht alles enthält und lediglich einen 80Pin Connector bietet. Aus der Traum vom winzigen Standalone Zauberwürfel.

P.Rowse:

Hi All
Chris Anderson just pointed me to this thread.

My name is Philip Rowse, I am the lead Systems Engineer for 3DRobotics, and Hardware lead on the Pixhawk 2

All the files for Pixhawk 2 are available @ https://github.com/3drobotics/Pixhawk_OS_Hardware

In this folder you will also find instructions on how to download and install Altium, to view and search through the files.

I just had a look through Thomas's list, and will point out a few things...

1. We LOVE invensence :) there is 0 desire to get away from them. Their sensors rock!
2. The MS5611 is THE barometer of choice, as its accuracy is predictable.
3. The reason for a Baro on the baseboard and the IMU is for us to be able to study the effects of mounting, heating, and isolation strategies.
4. Isolation... Vibration is only 1 reason for isolating the IMU.
Temperature control, and mechanical strain are the most important.
5. Why the F4 rather than the F7? The F7 looks nice... But ST screwed up. The F7 is only available in a 1M flash size! If you look at both the Copter code and the PX4 flight stack, you can see that is a big concern moving forward.
6. The Flex IMU is attached to the FMU via a locking connector, and is removable, in fact, we have a few Devs planning on flying copters with just the FMU, and no External IMU... Nice and flexible.
7. The 80 pin... This is where controversy starts... And ends...
Trying to keep everyone happy on how connectors should work... Well, that's a loosing battle.
Pixhawk 1 was a connector farm. It allowed for everything, and as such needed to be massive.
With CAN ESC's just around the corner, we will soon see a day where a single 4 pin plug would be enough to get you off the ground...

Then there are OEM applications... Solo being a prime example... Where the new mounting method just makes sense.

For customers, we are looking at two options to start with, a full sized Pro, with more connectors than Pixhawk 1, and a mini, which still will get an Octo in the air, and will give a great idea as to the possibilities with future custom carrier boards!

To top that off, we have already sent the drawings for the carrier boards to a HK hobby supplier, to encourage them to build carrier boards to suit their airframes, rovers, boats etc...

Within the next couple of months I will be releasing the carrier board drawings in this same folder.
Oh, why Altium? Eagle is not suitable for doing 8 layer boards, and it's design rule functions are not as advanced as Eagle. However, I do intend on making an Eagle version of the carrier board reference design, as the carrier is quite simple for anyone to make. Don't be scared by the 80 pin connector, it is quite simple to solder in.

Any questions? PM, Drones Discuss, mumble... Raise an issue on the Git Repo where I put my drawings! That is my live working directory, that's where you will see future versions, and any mods...
For Solo we are currently building Rev D FMU, and Rev F IMU, rev E IM U is my experimental branch.

As far as this being a repackage... This is the beginning of a family of products.. Think about being able to update to the latest autopilot, without having to do any more than swap out a module... And for those into schematics... Can someone tell me, what are the inherent benefits of separating out the Power selection module from the Autopilot? Why might we have done this?

I hope this clears some stuff up.

Anmerkungen 1:

1. Quite simple for anyone, ein 8 Layer Board.???.oh my gosh, aber man hat ja glücklicherweise vorab schon eine CN Fa. (Hobbyking?) kontaktiert, um für uns eine Lösung zu suchen. Bock zum Gärtner ? (Übersetzung für die Jüngeren unter uns: Nicht besonders schlau)

2. Der Hinweis auf den zu kleinen 1MB Flash, kam zwar schon öfter, weist in der erneuten Wiederholung aber umso deutlicher darauf hin, dass der PIXHAWK 1 sich EOL nähert. Der Code wird zukünftig noch mehr Speicherplatz erfordern.

Auf die Frage wann...

The one thing I know... It's too early to promise.. But our intention is Christmas. Release to a very small group of Devs is in a couple of weeks...

What goes in the Christmas version will depend on feedback from this first group, as well as Solo users. every log from a solo owner is very useful in this process
Anmerkungen 2:

Ich persönlich halte meine Herbst 2016 Vorhersage aufrecht. Ergo: Diesmal könnten manche CN Experten schneller sein, als 3DR selbst...z.B. CUAV, die mit dem PIXHACK von V1.71-2.01 deutliche Fortschritte gemacht haben sollen (Ob das stimmt, weiß ich in ein paar Wochen).

Quelle:

Im Original sind obige Quotes mit zukünftigen Reaktionen hier nachzulesen:

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/p...forum&id=705844:Topic:1997263&page=7#comments

gervais

Ich brauche mehr Details
@ Andreas,aufgepasst, der Pixfalcon hat auch keine AUX Pins.

Wie so oft,lügt der Kistenschieber. (In der Tat steht das auch falsch im Manual)

Böse Überraschung für manche User...

@ Nos:

Pixhawk1 hat 2MB
Die FMUv1 (PX4FMU) hat nur 1MB......
Das war mal...so gedacht.

Flash Bank 2 and full speed USB device exclusive
Silicon revisions up to rev 1 (revision 3 is the first not affected) can produce errors / data corruption when accessing the 2nd flash bank while there is activity on PA12, which is one of the USB data lines. There is no workaround / software fix for this, except to not use the flash bank #2. Since USB is needed to program the device, Pixhawk revisions built with silicon revisions < rev 3 can only use up to 1MB of the 2MB flash of the microprocessor.
Oder in kurz:

CPU is basically the same. It will have a true 2MB of flash, whereas the PH1, we got borked by ST and the stated 2MB is really only 1MB.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

gervais

Ich brauche mehr Details
So, wieder passend zum Titel:

Randy hat sich zum PIXHAWK 2 geäussert:

By the way, I don't think the Pixhawk2 is really much better than the Pixhawk1 for most users. In my experience, the Pixhawk2's build-in vibration isolation is not better than using the standard 3M foam or the hobbyking orange foam. It has an extra IMU and baro but we don't use them for control or estimation anyway. I'm hoping for a pixhawk-like Linux board to appear (i.e. like the NAVIO+ but smaller and with a case) but I think it's still at least 6 months away.
Das kommentiere ich jetzt mal nicht.

gervais

Ich brauche mehr Details
Im 3DR SOLO Thread auf RCG hat sich Robert Lefebvre zur Zukunft des Pixhawk 2 geäussert:

Originally Posted by richkphoto
Are they also abandoning the Pixhawk controller as a stand alone ?
Yes.

It will now be up to 3rd party companies to push hardware development forward. There are several good companies already underway. However, most seem to lack the serious funding required to really make a serious effort.

3DR continues to fund Ardupilot development, however.
Sieht so aus als würde sich 3DR tatsächlich vom DIY Markt trennen, wie man schon nach Chris Andersons kürzlichem Statement vermuten konnte. Schade drum.

Jace25

Erfahrener Benutzer
Naja, Sie sind ja, wie jeder weiß, überaus erfolgreich mit ihren Komplett-Modellen. Iris, Solo, die schrecklich klapprigen Y-6 APM Dinger aus eloxiertem Blech. Ein Kassenschlager nach dem anderen. Und Probleme gab es ja quasi nie.

Ich rechne mit Großem

schiwo1

Erfahrener Benutzer
Sieht so aus als würde sich 3DR tatsächlich vom DIY Markt trennen, wie man schon nach Chris Andersons kürzlichem Statement vermuten konnte. Schade drum.
3DR unterstützt selbstverständlich weiter DIY. Lediglich die Technologie entwickelt sich weiter.

Hier mal ein Bild der "neuen Plattform". Links der Pixhawk 2, rechts der Co-Computer für Video Processing und I/O handling. Unten die Anschlüsse für PWM, USB und UAVCAN.

Anhänge

gervais

Ich brauche mehr Details
3DR unterstützt selbstverständlich weiter DIY. Lediglich die Technologie entwickelt sich weiter.
Verdreh das bitte nicht.

Sie trennen sich vom DIY Markt heißt, dass die DIY Hardware ( Produktion / Vertrieb) aufgegeben wird. In wieweit sich angesichts dessen 3DR Shareholder mittelfristig Support für die DIY dev Gemeinde leisten wollen, steht trotz der CA Versicherung sicher noch in den Sternen.

Mein Verständnis ist derzeit: Die von Dir gezeigte "neue Plattform" wird es von 3DR ausserhalb des SOLO nicht geben.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

gervais

Ich brauche mehr Details
Gute Nachricht zwischen den Zeilen einer Suche nach jemanden, der sich mit Anti Vibration Analysis (FEA) auskennt:

Das Ardupilot/PX4 Hardware Team beschäftigt sich tatsächlich mit einem Standalone Pixhawk 2, der nicht dem des SOLO entspricht.

Hi all
.... As we ramp up the Pixhawk 2 effort, there is a need for some mechanical work. Pixhawk 2 is more than an EE effort, and to maximise its abilities, we really need someone, or a group who have the FEA skills to model the effects of vibration on the system, and to assist in making some choices in the mechanical aspect of the design.....
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/drones-discuss/tO8_hhSH_Jo

Übrigens: Der Thread ist auch in Hinblick auf die Internal Vibration Damping Diskussion interessant. Auch der Pixraptor wird indirekt bedacht.

Vielleicht wird 2016 doch interessanter als 2015 : Beerdigung des MPU 6000 LSM303 Duo durch ???, und eine 95% Lösung für int. Vibs...stay tuned.

FPV1

Banggood

Oben Unten