DJI RX Loss DJI Controller 2

Dr Evil

Erfahrener Benutzer
Moin,

Düse ja jetzt schon ne Weile mit dem DJI Controller 2 und meinem Chimera 7 mit O3 Airunit rum. Ich habe ziehmlich oft RX loss und Failsafe eingriffe, egal ob weiter weg oder im Nahbereich.

Sender, O3 und Brille sind auf Aktuellstem Stand was Updates betriftt.

Kann das wer bei sich auch beobachten?

deadcat

aim for the bushes
Mitarbeiter
Es gab Anfang des Jahres einige Posts von iFlight hinsichtlich Failsafes bei der Kombination O3 und RC2.
Angefangen hiermit (nicht zuletzt, weil es etwas Drama mit irgendeinem Reviewer gab, der seinen Copter in nem See versenkt hat):
PSA: DJI Radio Control 2
We've recently been getting more and more feedback regarding Failsafes with the DJI Radio Control 2 in combination with the DJI Air Unit O3.
Therefore we've decided to step forward and release an official warning. Please DO NOT fly over water or any dangerous environment you might lose your drone or damage property, endanger human life.
A sudden loss of video or radio link will cut both feeds simultaneously which doesn't restore. Be careful. A YouTube link about this topic is shared in the comments:
Am gleichen Tag wurde das hier hinterher geschoben:
This will be my only response I have to the latest "review" we've received today. I think most people don't test fly over water, neither without GPS fix, nor without listening to the warnings around the Radio Controller 2. We have confirmed feedback from DJI that it's a firmware issue. I feel sad that this sort of toxic feedback is happening despite all the effort and detail that has been put into our new V2 line-up. Besides that, I recommend everyone to look into Mads Tech YouTube channel to get some knowledge BEFORE things happen...
Wenige Tage später gab es dieses Update:
As announced last time already, I have an update! Everybody using the DJI Radio Controller 2 with the O3 system please update firmware to the new version. I have the info that those blackout & failsafe issues have been fixed. The beta versions I can see are Radio Control 2 V02.00.0500, O3 Air Unit V01.02.0000. Could be that it's not official yet, but wanna give you a heads up.
Sidenote: This is my second try with proactive information to keep you guys in the loop, my personal effort if you want. I'll not accept any wrong accusations, toxic comments or half-truths anymore.
Und nochmal ein paar Tage und div. Diskussionen bzgl. der Antennenkonfiguration an iFlights BNF-Coptern (2x 5G8 LHCP statt Originalantenne (5G8/2G4-Dualband RHCP/LHCP)) später folgte dann noch dieser Post:
I'm aware of all those O3 topics that were coming up for a while. I don't wanna blame anyone, I was confused at the beginning as well. It's complicated, there's been that Failsafe bug around and a lot of rumors have been spread. I try to keep you guys in the loop, so here's another post:
ALL statements have been verified between the DJI and the iFlight engineering team!

YES, the new DJI firmware updates fixed issues with the signal stability in combination with the Radio Controller 2. Users reported random Failsafes or simultaneous video blackouts. Fact is, the system shouldn't do this no matter what triggered that condition.
YES, O3 + Goggle + Radio builds a network of communication. The signal stability update therefore fixed a bug with this network as well. It's not supposed to disconnect all together in first place.
YES, the O3 system is dual band. It runs on 2.4G and 5.8G. The stock O3 antenna is a dual band LHCP + RHCP.
YES, a LHCP + RHCP antenna (stock O3) setup on the O3 might give a slight advantage when signal bounces (gets reflected, example multipathing, bando flying or city use).
NO, 2x LHCP won't have a disadvantage in range. In general, single band antennas have better performance than dual band antennas. Are easier to replace and more durable.
YES, video transmission only uses the 5.8G band. Maximum system priority is on 5.8G.
NO, the Radio Controller 2 doesn't "necessarily" need a 2.4G antenna on the O3 air unit. Reason for that is because the whole system is mainly running on 5.8G, the second 2.4G band is for telemetry or fallback when band congestion occurs.
NO, flying with only 5.8G antennas will not cause radio Failsafes. Since the O3 has a dynamic RF mode it will be self healing to always establish a healthy link. So told us DJI...
YES, the DJI Radio Controller 2 is "supposed" to have a better signal than the video transmission. No matter if 2.4G or 5.8G, due to its lower bitrate requirements the video will go dark first. That's the moment of return or punch out with throttle.
YES & NO, a 2.4G capable antenna will not give you a better signal or range. It “might“ but we did not get a clear answer from DJI about this. Technically speaking, 2.4G offers better signal penetration. Example: Complete video loss which only runs on 5.8G. The 2.4G radio link "might" still be used to throttle up blind and regain video. Unclear points: Is the actual output power of 2.4G as high as 5.8G? Will it really make a difference in case of signal loss? How narrow is this greyzone? Why not use ELRS or CRSF for crazy flights where absolute safety is needed (900Mhz)?
NO, the O3 maximum power consumption is not too high for BECs. Just to mention it, we've seen different values with early firmware. DJI provided values as well as iFlight tested values were about 10-13W on a single 9V rail. This excludes the FC consumed power which gets powered from a separate 5V BEC. The Wattage could be higher if O3 and FC are powered from the same BEC circuit. iFlight used BEC circuits are rated for 9V2A (18W) continuous, 3.5A (31W) maximum and limited by heat of the chip which is obviously air-cooled when flying.
YES, there's a lot of different experiences made by various users. We also do not always get clear answers from DJI, neither can we only focus on 3rd party video system testing. We encourage everyone to gather test results and share them. All productive feedback and input is always welcome to help improve user experience.
YES, we're constantly working and testing on that topic. We've been in contact with DJI ever since and have a very close relationship.
Sicher, dass du wirklich die aller neueste Firmware auf Controller und Air Unit hast?
Angeblich sollen solche Probleme damit der Vergangenheit angehören.

Dr Evil

Erfahrener Benutzer
Moin,

diese Diskusion habe ich verfolgt und direkt die Updates auf alle beteiligten draufgeworfen. Habe gestern nochmal draufgeschaut und ja auf allen ist die benötigen firmware variante drauf. Deswegen macht mich das ja so stutzig das ich ständig RX loss habe!

Werde jetzt die Firmware nochmal bei allen erneuern. Vieleicht hilft das was. Ansonsten gehts zurück zu Crossfire!

Gruß.

Moin, hast Du ein Update zu Deinem Problem, oder ist es verschwunden? Ich spiele nämlich auch mit dem Gedanken auf die O3 upzugraden und den DJI RC2 zu nehmen, weil Letzterer halt schon vorhanden ist.
Danke und Gruß

eighties.fpv

just flying, not spying
Wir haben seit dem Firmware Update von V02.00.0600 auf V02.00.0700 (vom 21.04.2023) keine Probleme mehr gehabt. Vorher hatten wir immer mal wieder sporadische Verbindungsabbrüche.
Ich muss allerdings dazu sagen, das ich seit dem Update auch erst etwa 12 Akkus geflogen bin.

FPV1

Banggood

Oben Unten