Simulator - FPV Racing

Status
Nicht offen für weitere Antworten.
Successfully got my DX8 working with Freerider on Mac OS X!
1. I use the FMS simulator USB adapter. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00 Other USB adapters with the audio jack style may work as well. I'm not affiliated with the seller and you may find one cheaper/better somewhere else.

2. Download the newest version of Freerider. It is a shame there are not version numbers available that I could find, but I downloaded today's version. Apple will not let you do the install right off and you will have to go to the System Preferences-Security and check the "Open Anyway" button

3. Now, this next part may or may not work for you, but cross your fingers and hope for the best and make adjustments accordingly. You may have a different USB adapter or your radio or computer or software may be different. This is what worked for me and my radio today. If you fly a different stick Mode, your configuration may be different from mine.

Set up a new Acro model in the DX8 and name it "Freerider" or something.
Under servo setup, reverse the throttle channel.
Turn off the radio.
Plug the FMS adapter audio jack into the DX8. Your DX8 will turn itself on in "Slave" mode. Do not use the switch to turn on your radio. The adapter will do it.
Plug the USB end into the Mac. You should see a red LED come on in the USB housing.
Start FPVFreerider. Select as follows: Input-USB Controller, Throttle zero at center, Dead zone is on.
Click on Calibrate Controller. You will see a row of circles below a joystick and instructions for calibration. Do not calibrate yet! You see that row of circles? Toward the left there are four that are probably out of line (circle 1, 2, 3, and 5). Wiggle the sticks and you should see four circles go up and down as your radio talks to the software. Got no wiggle? Then you have no connection.
The circle on the far left is your throttle, it is probably fine where it is if you have done the proper reversing, so don't worry about that channel. What you need to do is try to line up the errant circles with the aligned ones. You will do this with the stick trim tabs AND with the SUBTRIM function in the servo setup. I had to apply stick trims at 100% left rudder, 100% left aileron, 100% forward Elevator. I needed more and so I added 100L rudder, 100L Aileron and 100D Elevator from the SUBTRIM menu. Yes, it takes a lot!
Now do the calibration. Follow the instructions onscreen, and perform the following actions, one at a time, with the other sticks untouched: Apply left rudder with throttle at center. Click OK. Apply full throttle. Click OK and pull throttle back to center and leave it there. Apply full left aileron. Click OK. Apply full forward pitch. Click OK and finish.
You will return to the main screen. Next, pick a flying site and cross your fingers.
You should be resting on the ground waiting to take off. Give it some throttle to lift off and check your controls for proper operation. If the throttle won't turn off, or flips you over, or doesn't behave normally, something is not configured correctly, or you may not be able to use this particular instruction set. Hopefully, it will lift off and it will probably be slow and dopey, but correct. Click on the High rates and go flying!
Smile!

One of the keys was that I figured out Step 8. Freerider operates a bit like Cleanflight. If your reversing and trims are not in the right place, it will not perform as planned, even if your channels are correct. Much like a different receiver may translate/output slightly different PPM signals than CF is expecting, if the FMS adapter sends an unexpected signal to Freerider, it will perfom poorly as well. So you must adjust your radio accordingly. The FMS adapter only sends four channels, so don't expect a lot, but it will get you what you need. Also, I bet I have just laid it down the DX8 with FMS adapter poking out the back and being bent sideways, again! So look out for that!

I am using the free version of FPVFreerider currently, so I know you don't have to pay to find out if it works. I JUST got this set up and have spent more time typing than flying on Freerider. I will mess with it a bit more and upgrade to the full version soon.

I might also suggest the Gamepad Companion OS X app. I have not tried it 100% with this Freerider, but it did recognize the DX8 and allow me to assign keyboard shortcuts to the radio. I did not fully explore running Freerider with it, as I figured out how to make it work using the above method, but it may help someone else.

I hope that helps some folks. I also hope this info will apply somewhat to Windows users as well having trouble getting their DX8 hooked up.

Edit: If you are the maker of FPVFReerider, and think this is useful, then feel free to add this to your website or manual as full copy or a link. Thanks for the cool software and for thinking about Mac users!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2394419&page=67&highlight=DX8#post31933913

RX2SIM Wireless Multi-Sim Adapter (USB2SYS)
- für knapp 30 €
http://www.freakware.de/p/rcware-rx2sim-wireless-multi-sim-adapter-rcwt300140-a85210.htm

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Status
Nicht offen für weitere Antworten.
FPV1

Banggood

Oben Unten