Swift Ai Autopilot Update

Cosha

Workshop Master
Part1 Here: http://fpv-community.de/entry.php?172-SwiftAi-SmallTim-OSD-AutoPilot-System

Now that I have got my head around the installation configuration, it was time to install the Autopilot into a brand new Twinstar!
I painted it in florescent green, and it stands out really well!

Anhang anzeigen 38615

The first thing I did was cut a space in the back part of the twinstars fuselage; this was to take the main board. The next job was to figure out a way for the different sensors to sit inside safely and to interfere with each other.
The GPS unit was furthest back almost fully under the tail; this is not a problem for GPS reception as it can penetrate the foam easy.
Thereafter the speed sensor and baro was installed just in front of this, a 3mm tube was then fed at the bottom of the fuselage all the way to the nose as it requires it to be air blown. The temperature sensor also needed to be air blown for it to get correct reading and tell the other sensors how to collimate correctly.

The IMU board was placed as close to the CG line as possible to avoid any drift or vibrations from the motors. The current sensor was placed inside the battery bay as this is needed to plug in as closely to lipo as possible.
Also you can see the inbuilt USB cable for connecting to the PC

I then made my first mistake – I glued both halves together

The IMU board controls the models orientation in 3 axes, when I first booted up the software, the IMU showed as being upside down, even when I changed it inside the settings! After a few hours of hair pulling, I decided to crack open the glued twinstar as I had to change it around!
Once I orientated it correctly I proceeded to configure the control inputs inside the software too...

This was my second mistake!

I dry configured the board on my work bench to 100% make sure all was working correctly, I even did the Video feed test and OSD and all was working properly...
Once the configuration process was done, the servos stopped responding to all inputs. This made no difference when I set up the 3 toggle hat switch on my Futaba radio. The Settings were:
Low – Return to home
Mid- Stabilization mode
High – Force manual control

Even in forcing the autopilot into manual control (direct through) the servos would just hit maximums and not return or have any control over them!

I have since cracked up the fuselage again and now at the starting point! Either somewhere there is a firmware error or a software error, but I will try again soon!

Never give up hope!

Wish me luck!

FPV1

Banggood

Oben Unten