AUAV-X2 - Ein echter, kompat. Mini PIXHAWK aus Bulgarien!

@Upgrade, no it would not be (in my opinion), if your running servos off the esc rail you need to have a ubec on that rail to power them and yes it will also power the AUAV-X2.

In my installation I have both, if either of the of the power supplies (ubec or APM power/current module) connected to the AUAV-X2 fails I have a backup to keep the flight controller powered.

I have a 6 volt ubec connected to the esc rail and the 5volt from the APM power module connected as per normal, (the APM power/current module provides important telemetry information) this means my ubec powers the AUAV-X2 but if it fails the APM power/current module will take over (by the way I do not have any servos connected just esc's).
A backup is always a good thing to have.
Regards - bruce

Upgrade 08/15

Erfahrener Benutzer
Bruce: so you do get a redundant power supply (=one (bec/power brick) fail doesn't cause a crash).

By the way: what would happen if I'd be using two 5V bec? One at the servo rail, the other where the power brick is supposed to be plugged in (which would be pretty much the same as using a bec and the power brick?). Which of the BEC would be used as primary source? In case of failure - would both of the ubec be able to power the auav by themselfs?

/ was würde passieren, wenn ich zwei normale 5v becs verwenden würde? Eines an den Servoports, das andere da, wo der power brick hinkäme (wäre dasselbe wie power brick + ubec?). Welches BEC würde vom FC bevorzugt? Sollte eines ausfallen, wären dann beide jeweils in der Lage, den auav x2 am Laufen zu halten?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Statement by Nick:-
POWER SUPPLY FAILSAFE for the AUAV-X2
So, any power supply between 5.3V and 8V ( 6V BEC is O.K. ) is preferrable. If you connect a 5.3V PowerBrick on the PowerBrick input and additionally a 6V BEC over the servo rails, just the 6V BEC will power the X2 because its voltage is higher and its coresponding Schottky diode will be on, while the other Schottky diode ( from PowerBrick ) will be off. If the BEC fails, the PowerBrick will take charge of the system thus preventing power failure. In the meantime both current and voltage sensing from the PowerBrick will work regardless where the power is taken from.

I understand from the above that if both voltages are the same then power would be taken from the power brick.

Correction by Nick:-
Hi Bruce,
When both supplies have almost equal voltages, the one with a bit higher voltage will power the system. That's because both supplies are OR-ed with a dual Schottky diode. The higher power supply will block the other power supply via its Schottky.

Regards - bruce

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Upgrade 08/15

Erfahrener Benutzer
Thank you, that does help for sure!

As far as I rember I should have a 6v bec laying around somewhere.
If I'd use that (servo rail) and a 5v BEC instead of the 5.3V power brick, would that still work?

I think the 5.3v are requiered so that there are still 5V left after some sort of diode? Then using only 5v could cause some trouble or will the voltage still be within the range?

nickarsow

Erfahrener Benutzer
Hi Bruce,
When both supplies have almost equal voltages, the one with a bit higher voltage will power the system. That's because both supplies are OR-ed with a dual Schottky diode. The higher power supply will block the other power supply via its Schottky.

Hallo Leute,

ich weiß nicht wo ich es reinschreiben soll, aber ich habe eine nagelneue AUAV-X2 Batch6 und ein nagelneues Ublox NEO-M8N GPS + HMC5983 compass (XL) aus Zeitmangel zu verkaufen. Ich kann anscheinend noch keine Sache im Marktplatz anbieten. Aber es passt hier nun mal rein. Preis 210€ incl. Versand und Paypal. Fotos unter LINK
Antworten bitte per PN.
Gruß Rob

Hallo Leute,

ich weiß nicht wo ich es reinschreiben soll, aber ich habe eine nagelneue AUAV-X2 Batch6 (19.04.2015) und ein nagelneues Ublox NEO-M8N GPS + HMC5983 compass (XL) (23.04.2015) aus Zeitmangel zu verkaufen. Die Teile waren noch nicht angeschlossen. Ich kann anscheinend noch keine Sachen im Marktplatz anbieten. Aber es passt hier nun mal rein. Preis 210€ incl. Versand und Paypal. Fotos unter LINK
Antworten bitte per PN, keine Gewährleistung.
Gruß Rob

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@ Upgrade, Your Quote:- I think the 5.3v are required so that there are still 5V left after some sort of diode? Then using only 5v could cause some trouble or will the voltage still be within the range? ,

You are right 5.3v is required or recommended and 5v would be marginal or perhaps not as safe.
regards - bruce

Upgrade 08/15

Erfahrener Benutzer
Hi,
I've just reread the manual:
The Power Brick voltage and the Servo Bus voltage must be between 4.5VDC and 10VDC ! The BEST temperature and EMI performance from the DC-DC Buck-Boost Converter could be obtained with 5.5 to 6VDC from Power Brick and from 6VDC to 8VDC from Servo Bus. Thus, the DC-DC Buck-Boost works in Buck mode.
Therfore using a 6v BEC at the servo rail would be perfect, the 5v at the power brick are within the specs but not as good as a higher voltage or the 5.3v supply.
But considering that the 5v BEC would not be used (except in case of a failure of the 6v bec) and is just for safety reasons, this shouldn't be a problem.
I'm surley going to try it :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Toni13

Neuer Benutzer
Power Module kaput?

Hab mir aus der Bucht ein Power Module bestellt

Nachgemessen:

+5V = 5,3V
V = 4,1V an 3S
I = 4,8V ohne den geringsten Stromverbrauch.

Also mehr als 3,3V! Somit ist das defekt bzw. zu Stromversorgung kann ich es benutzen (ohne Messungen), nur V und I bloß nicht anschließen, richtig?

Mein AUAV-X2 ist aus dem 6. Batch .
Das 6V BEC hänge ich einfach an die Servorail, fertig ist die redundante Stromversorgung, oder?

Danke, gute Nacht

Anhänge

FPV1

Banggood

Oben Unten